The 2012 GMC Terrain, available at your New Hampshire GMC dealer, now comes with a standard Color Touch Radio available with IntelliLink, which provides smartphone connectivity and voice activated control of the audio system. Simple commands initiate a phone call, change a station, stream internet radio, and even control an iPod.
IntelliLink's interface is designed to be used with two hands on the wheel as often as possible, and its layout was created with specific emphasis on minimizing distractions.
2012 GMC Terrain in stock at New Hampshire GMC Dealership
- Like most smartphones, the IntelliLink homescreen is configurable. An array of icons for phone, radio, and other functions mimics the displays of popular mobile devices, and each icon can be shifted or removed, based on the driver's needs and wants.
- IntelliLink has icons for popular internet radio providers Pandora and Stitcher for Bluetooth streaming through a smartphone, Pandora listeners can give a song a "thumbs-up" or "thumbs-down" through Terrain's seven-inch touchscreen.
- Most of IntelliLink's features can be controlled through a hands-free voice control system powered by Nuance. Drivers can place a phone call, play an artist, or tune to a radio station without their eyes leaving the road.
- An MP3 player isn't required to play music through Intellilink. Owners can bring their music collections into the car by plugging a USB flash drive into a port in the center console.
- Album art and artist information for songs playing from a device are displayed on Terrain's color touch screen. The Gracenote data that allows this also makes voice activation more conversational, identifying nicknames like "The Boss" or "The Stones."
GMC's implementation of the Gracenote media database includes a piece of exclusive, patent-pending technology, according to General Motors lead engineer Tony Kraatz.
The 2012 GMC Terrain talks with smartphones in other ways than just IntelliLink. With the OnStar RemoteLink app available for iPhone and Android, drivers can use their phones to lock and unlock doors or check fuel and tire pressure levels. On models equipped with remote start, the app can also start the engine from anywhere a cell phone signal is present.
IntelliLink is available now for the 2012 GMC Terrain SLT-2 V-6 and is coming soon to all SLT models. All of which are available at Berlin City GMC, your premier NH GMC dealer.