Berlin City GM, is your place to shop for the 2012 Chevy Volt
. The Volt offers a total driving range of up to 379 miles, based on EPA estimates. For the first 35 miles, the Volt can drive gas- and tailpipe-emissions free using a full charge of electricity. When the Volt's battery runs low, a gas-powered engine/generator seamlessly operates to extend the driving range another 344 miles on a full change.
The 2012 Chevy Volt, powered by electricity without being tethered to electrical outlets, is revolutionizing the future of electric cars. The Volt does everything a great car does and, according to Motor Trend, better than any other. Come down to Gorham NH Chevy
dealership and take a test drive today!Engine
- The Volt battery has gone through numerous environment-specific tests, including corrosion and hot- and cold-weather testing and the results were so promising that the 16-kWh lithium-ion battery pack is backed by an 100,000-mile/8-year limited warranty(4).
- Here are a few more notes on the battery:
- Volt offers an EPA-estimated 35 miles of initial EV range offering a gas-free and tailpipe emissions-free commute for about $1.50 of electricity per day
- When the battery is depleted, a small, quiet onboard gas generator creates electricity that powers your Volt as you drive for hundreds of additional miles
- Lithium-ion cells outperform nickel-metal hydride cells (found in today's hybrid vehicles) in terms of life cycle
- A liquid thermal cooling and heating system keeps the battery at a comfortable temperature as it's being charged and discharged
- Commute gas-free on electricity(3) for an average of $1.50 a day
- Can be set to charge during off-peak hours for greater savings
- Your Volt will be fully charged in about 10 hours, depending on climate, with standard 120-volt line, or as little as 4 hours using a dedicated 240-volt line
- Volt drivers and passengers will be wrapped in a cocoon of standard safety.
- With eight air bags(5) ready to deploy in an emergency, it's obvious safety is of the highest priority.
- Joining this built-in safety is an unprecedented five-year subscription to OnStar®(6) Directions and Connections® including Automatic Crash Response. In the event of a collision, built-in sensors can automatically alert an OnStar Advisor, who is immediately connected into your vehicle to see if you need help sent to your exact location ? even if you can't respond.
- Daytime Running Lamps
- Traction Control System
- StabiliTrak Electronic Stability Control System
- Vehicle Anti-Theft System
- Rear Parking Assist
- Rear Door Child Security Lockout
- Remote Keyless Entry
- Tire Pressure Monitor
- Remote Vehicle Start
Pick your mode: The Volt has been programmed with three unique driving modes to accommodate different driving styles.
- Normal mode is the most efficient setting that takes the electricity and focuses it on operating the electric drive.
- Sport mode sacrifices a small amount of efficiency for more responsive acceleration.
- Mountain mode makes sure the battery has a bigger energy reserve for driving up long, steep inclines.
- Standard keyless access with passive locking; the car automatically locks and unlocks with the key fob in close proximity of vehicle
- Available in-dash navigation system.
- Chevrolet MyLink including Bluetooth streaming audio for music and select phones (late availability)
- Standard AM/FM stereo with CD player and MP3 playback and 7-inch diagonal color touch-screen display
- Available 17-inch sport alloy wheels with black inserts (late availability).
Your local Chevrolet New Hampshire
dealer, Berlin City Chevy, is the best place to get all the information that you'll need about the all new Chevy Volt.