Buick unveils the 2012 Buick LaCrosse
with eAssist,™ a new fuel-saving technology that increases fuel economy by 25 percent compared to the four-cylinder/six-speed powertrain in the 2011 LaCrosse. The eAssist technology provides class-leading highway fuel economy of 37 mpg, while maintaining the luxury, performance and value expected from Buick's flagship sedan. The eAssist system uses a state-of-the-art lithium-ion battery system and electric motor-generator to enable regenerative braking capability to improve LaCrosse fuel economy by an estimated 25 percent.
Your local NH Buick
dealership, Berlin City Buick, can provide all the information that you need on the all new Buick LaCrosse.Engine
- 2.4 liter, 182 hp, 172 lb-ft torque
- 2012 Buick LaCrosse that will allow it to achieve 25/37 mpg city/highway. Combined horsepower is rated at 182 hp.
- The new powertrain involves a traditional four-cylinder, automatic transmission and GM's new mild hybrid system, dubbed "eAssist."
- The LaCrosse's system, however, uses a lithium-ion battery pack, a small 15-horsepower electric motor, regenerative braking, a fuel cutoff system and start-stop technology to achieve a 25% fuel-economy gain over the 2011 LaCrosse that's equipped with the four-cylinder (19/30 mpg).
- Anti-lock brakes
- Stability control
- Front-impact airbags
- Side impact airbags
- Overhead airbags
- Security system
- Occupancy sensor
- Traction control
- Air conditioning with single-zone automatic climate control
- AM/FM/XM stereo system with single-disc CD player
- Harman Kardon 11-speaker surround sound system
- USB port
- Bluetooth® for phone
- Heated driver and front passenger seats
- 8-way power driver seat adjuster
Buick LaCrosse with eAssist technology also features improved underbody aerodynamics and tires optimized for performance and fuel economy, as well as active control of front-end airflow that improves aerodynamics and engine warm-up. Electronically controlled shutters in the lower grille close at higher speeds to push more air over the vehicle, which increases aerodynamic efficiency to enhance fuel economy. All of these technologies increase the eAssist system's regenerative braking capability, while also improving the vehicle's efficiency while driving.
If you want more information about the 2012 Buick LaCrosse contact your local New Hampshire Buick
by filling out the form to your right. One of our Buick sales guides will contact you shortly.